Teignbridge Leisure Membership and Facility Use
- Your membership card benefits apply across all Teignbridge Leisure Facilities and must be presented at reception on every visit.
- A photo will be taken and held on our Leisure Management System.
- All activities are subject to availability and Teignbridge Leisure reserve the right to cancel, amend, suspend or withdraw classes and/or activities at any time. Opening hours may vary around holiday periods.
- Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Facilities may become unavailable, e.g. due to adverse weather or planned maintenance etc. These will be advertised prior to closure where possible, and you will be encouraged to use our alternative facilities. Refunds will not be made if other facilities are available unless the closure exceeds a two-week period.
- If you are receiving a membership concession, you will need to validate this every six months by providing evidence of current continued entitlement as follows:
- Students 16 years old plus - NUS Card or official confirmation of full time education.
- 65 years plus individuals.
- Eligibility for concessionary rate – that you are in receipt of any of the following benefits: Foster Carers, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support, Employment & Support Allowance (income related or support component), Job Seekers Allowance (income based), Disability Living Allowance, PIPS, Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance, Severe Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Allowance, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit or Children in Care.
- Teignbridge Leisure reserve the right to amend the Terms & Conditions however reasonable notice will be given. Our latest version of the Terms & Conditions will be available on the website.
- We operate under the Health Commitment Statement: www.Teignbridgeleisure.co.uk/gym
- The Direct Debit agreement is a legally binding contract between you and Teignbridge Leisure. It represents a commitment by you to remain a member for at least the minimum term and pay all membership fees due.
- A joining fee is payable when taking out a membership. If you cancel and wish to re-join at a later date, you will be required to pay the fee again.
- All Direct Debit memberships are for a minimum 6 month contract period and will automatically continue until cancelled.
Being a Member
- Teignbridge Leisure will allow you to change to a new Direct Debit membership within the minimum term agreement. A new signed agreement will be required and a new six month minimum term will apply.
- When a Junior member reaches the age of 16, the membership continues automatically changing to a full price Adult package and the direct debit amount amended to reflect this unless you notify us to cancel the membership or that you are eligible for concessionary rate.
- A £12.50 charge will be made for all failed Direct Debit collections.
- Failure to pay all applicable charges will result in debt recovery actions being invoked.
- Memberships will only be suspended on proven medical grounds, or at the discretion of the Leisure Manager. Suspensions must be for full months. Only one suspension is permitted within any twelve month period. The Direct Debit must not be cancelled during your suspension, as payments will need to re-start on your return to active membership.
- Please note: A membership suspension fee will be charged at £5 per month.
- For a membership freeze. £5.00 per month will be charged.
- From signing there is a 14 day cooling period where you may cancel this agreement.
- Notice of cancellations must be in writing to the Leisure Admin Team. Please refer to point 7 for the address.
- The earliest cancellation date will be the end of the payment period in which the six-month term expires. After the six months this contract will continue to roll.
- All memberships will run to the last day of the month.
- Notice of cancellation must be given and made prior to the 16th of the month. You must not cancel the Direct Debit instruction until this notice period has expired as all payments due within the notice period must be made. It is your responsibility to ensure you have given Teignbridge Leisure effective notice.
Attendance & Fair Usage Policy
- Members who fail to attend on three occasions within a 30 day period will lose their 10 day booking privileges for a month.
- Teignbridge Leisure reserves the right to levy an additional fee should a member/non-member fail to attend any activity reservation they have made. This fee will be at the standard price applicable.
- When booked into a class or activity, you must arrive for the advertised start time; otherwise you may lose your place. Instructors reserve the right to refuse entry to late arrivals.
- Notice of cancellation must be given at least 24 hours prior to the booking otherwise a fee will be retained for non-members and applied to members' accounts of the standard price of the activity.
- Teignbridge Leisure reserve the right to limit class attendees when two of the same classes are consecutive in the timetable and the demand outweighs available capacity.
- A gym induction must be completed prior to usage of the Fitness Suites.